Easter traditions in Little Italy
Easter in Little Italy of Montreal: a tradition!
Easter celebrations are an important part of the community of Little Italy!
Even today, Little Italy has kept its traditions and apart from the purely religious aspect of Easter, Easter is for many the opportunity to share a great moment with family or friends and feast around a good meal ! If you are looking for delicious products or pastries to put on the table, or if you just wonder what to do, here are some gourmet ideas and outings for a perfect long weekend!
Easter flavors to discover in Little Italy
Yes, in Little Italy, we're full of culinary inspirations and shopping suggestions for delicious Easter products!
For the salty touch, the flagship product to put on the table is without a doubt: the snow crab! You will be able to buy and taste the precious seafood crustacean at the Délices de la mer at the Jean-Talon Market. Specialist of fine and local products (Gaspesie, Magdalen Islands, North Coast and Maritime Provinces), in this fabulous fish store you will find live snow crab for more freshness, or cooked, which is easier to serve.
Obviously for sweet teeth, artisanal chocolates and qualities are always in the spotlight and our suggestions never fail. So you can sweeten your mouth with many of our good craftsmen from Little Italy:
- Juliette & Chocolat offers us an exclusive collection of Easter animals to the delight of little ones as well as adults! Animals that each have their own personality and character, which would make us want to eat them all.
- Andrea Jourdan is a little treasure and offers a variety of delicious products where chocolates are so beautiful that you would not be afraid to eat them! There is also a wonderful collection of Easter animals.
- Chocolates Privilège offers refined and tasty chocolates presented in several delicious flavors, but also perfect assortments to please or to offer. On the occasion of Easter, there will be something for everyone!
And on the side of pastries, traditions are in the spotlight in our beautiful neighborhood:
- Alati-Caserta is famous for that! What attracts us to this charming pastry is the wide range of delicious Italian specialties.
- After that, the San Gennaro cafe has this little something unique: beyond being a fabulous gourmet landmark that offers great products, it's also where you can taste the best pastiera napoletana which is a pie with ricotta and the typical wheat filling from the Campania region. You will find mini portions too!
- A well-kept secret at the Jean-Talon market is Mr.Biscotti ! There you'll find homemade products, neapolitan desserts and the classic pastiera of Easter!
Finally, after enjoying the delights of the cucina, the long weekend is also the perfect time for walks! So you can enjoy this gourmet getaway to stop and discover, if not rediscover the rich cultural heritage of Little Italy by going to the Church of Our Lady of Defense. Traditions enthusiasts are advised to go there on Sunday, April 20th for the twig ceremony.